No Periods in 6 Months?

irregular periods

Nowadays, there are many women who are used to have irregular periods, because of several reasons other than pregnancy. In this case, you should go to the gynaecologist so that she is the one who prescribes the appropriate treatment to correct and achieve more stable menstruation. 

At this point, it is very likely that you are on your nerves thinking about the possibility of being pregnant. However, you should calm down and don't let it panic. 

There are many other reasons, besides pregnancy, why your period does not arrive. Up to how many days is it normal for menstruation to be delayed? For 1 week, for 1 month, for 2 month, 3 month or 6 months?  Let us look at the different conditions when you can have an irregular period.

Mental health and menstruation:

A delay in period can be a cause for worry or joy (depending on how you look at it). Sometimes, stress at work, home, and family create pressure on your mental state and this affects greatly on the menstrual cycle. 

causes of abnormal periods

As a general rule, the menstrual cycle lasts 28 days, although this may vary from one woman to another depending on her physical and genetic characteristics. 

In this way, to know how many days a period can be delayed naturally, we should extend the period from 23 to 36 days, taking into account that it can be advanced or delayed.

Stress and anxiety are two aspects that influence all areas of our life and menstruation are one of them. In fact, the hectic pace of life that we usually lead is the reason why menstruation is delayed. 

This is because stress increases prolactin levels which can cause no period for time being. A balanced diet, exercise, and a little meditation can help you relax and make your period come down on the right date.

 Effects of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS):

PCOS is a disease closely related to testosterone: When this hormone increases greatly, the syndrome usually occurs. The consequences of suffering from it range from facial growth, acne, ovarian cysts, obesity, and lack of ovulation which causes delays in menstruation and even maximum delay in period. The disease amenorrhea can also be developed.  

symptoms of PCOS

Causes of amenorrhea development in women:

It is a temporary or permanent No menstruation. Primary Absence of menstruation at 16 years in the presence of secondary sexual characteristics or at 14 years without the development of secondary sexual characteristics. 

It has an incidence of 0.1% and 60% are due to genetic causes. The remaining 40% is due to endocrine disorders. It can happen to any age woman or girl. As there are phases in a women’s life, let’s know how amenorrhea is affected in those different stages:

- Before puberty: the first period or menarche usually appears between the ages of 10 and 14.

- During pregnancy: a healthy, young woman with regular menstruation who presents with amenorrhea and who has sex without contraception should consider pregnancy.

- Lactation: although irregularly, amenorrhea occurs due to the inhibition of hormones that stimulate ovulation.

- Menopause: usually appears between 45-55 years due to the cessation of ovarian function.

Amenorrhea is No menstruation, which can be primary when the period has never arrived. And the woman is more than 15 years old, or it has been more than 3 to 5 years since the breast button appeared. 

abnormal period issues

Or at 13 years There is still no development of secondary sexual characteristics. But it can also be secondary when in adolescents the bleeding is stopped after 3 cycles, or in 6 to 12 months, and in adults, when they have not had bleeding in 3 months.

Causes of amenorrhea:

The causes for maximum delay in the period can be multiple. It affects adult women or adolescents who may have some pathology or disease that has not been diagnosed. 

Disorders such as anorexia can also cause it, in addition to stress and excessive exercise, among others. To determine the cause, the patient's medical history is reviewed. 

In addition to a physical examination, and based on the clinical findings, hormonal studies, gynaecological ultrasound, and, in some cases, brain imaging studies are requested. In the case of adult women, the first thing is to rule out pregnancy.

22 comments

  • [url=https://mp3rus.xyz/]русская музыка 2021[/url]

    CharlesJaw
  • [url=https://musicritm.mobi/]новинки русской музыки[/url]

    KeithDah
  • [url=https://mp3mix.online/]слушать музыку новинки[/url]

    Timothyver
  • [url=http://musicboss.site/]песня танцуй[/url]

    Williampoern
  • [url=https://skachat-muzyka.mobi/]скачать музыку бесплатно на телефон[/url]

    Glennnic

Leave a comment