There’s no escaping from periods for women, we need to know what to eat when periods are not coming?? However unfortunately, the essential biological process is hushed amongst other concerns of the society. Discussing menstruation is such a taboo not only in India all over the world, that a significant lot of girls are not even aware of menstruation, when they get on their first period, often resulting to a lot of confusion and anxiety in young minds about the basic biological change that happens in her body. Menstruation could be really painful for many women, bringing with it severe cramps, lower back pain, bloating, getting moody etc. It is definitely not the time, also for the hormones being very obvious. The ovaries, female genitals - which are there in the lower part of a woman's abdomen, begin to produce hormones in girls within puberty which causes change to the lining of the uterus. Every month during that time of the month, the lining of the womb is released along with some blood. The duration of the menstrual cycle (the time between the start and end of one period) is usually 28 days, if and only if it exceeds a week then it can be troublesome. As after this comes the issue of irregular periods. However, there are several things you can consume for irregular periods what to eat when periods are not coming? -
1. Kacha Papaya: Green, Kacha papaya is considered very useful in regulating period flow as it helps contract muscle fibers in the area of the uterus. Consume un-ripe (Kacha) papaya juice regularly for a couple of months but do not drink it during your periods.
2. Haldi urf Turmeric: Haldi is considered to be one of the best medicated herbs which is quite soothing and therapeutic as well. It is helpful as it helps in regulating menstruation and helps in balancing hormones. The antispasmodic & anti-inflammatory facets of the herb relieve menstrual pain. Consume a quarter teaspoon of turmeric with milk, Jaggery or Honey recommended in warm milk but can also be consumed in cold - dependent from person to person. Take it daily for several weeks or until you see improvement.
3. Aloe Vera ( Dhritu Kumari ): Please do not use this form of solution during your periods. Aloe vera helps in curing menstrual irregularities naturally by checking your hormones. To get the highest results, extract fresh aloe vera gel through an aloe plant / leaf, mix it on one teaspoon of honey and try to consume it daily before taking your breakfast.
4. Ginger (Adhrakh): Boil 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger for 5 minutes so that it is disinfected. Add a small amount of sugar and drink the mix at least three times a day after your meals. Ginger is highly recommended for controlling menstrual cycles and getting rid of erratic periods.
5. Cumin (Jeera ): Cumin is filled with a number of health benefits. Soaked cumin is used in the treatment of irregular periods. Take 2 spoons of cumin seeds and soak it in water overnight and drink both in the morning. You will need to drink this water on a daily basis to get your periods regularised.
6. Cinnamon ( Daalacheenee ): Cinnamon helps in not only enhancing the taste of your general food dishes but significantly contributes in manipulating your menstrual cycle too. It provides a warming/soothing effect within your body. Take a full glass of warm milk and add a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon, please go ahead and drink it:) Has also been proved in helping reduce period Cramps.